Thursday 6 December 2012

Men Working


I received this mail from my friend Wendy. it made me smile, if a little wryly:


'I saw an amusing thing from my bedroom window the other day. Three trucks drew up, and four men got out, all dressed in yellow jackets.

One started stamping on a small area near the front wall of next door but one. Then another man handed him a drill, and he began to drill. Other men took turns to get a wheelbarrow out, then a rake, then a broom, then some asphalt, hten a watering can, then a stamper machine. The first man, after he had broken up the area - only about a foot square, took all these offerings in turn. The man who brought the asphalt in the wheelbarrow kept going back to the truck and putting more into it from a big sack. Eventually, the area was filled and stamped to their satisfaction, and they all departed in their three trucks. It would have made a very funny film - almost balletic in the way they took turns handing the tools to each other..

Nothing was taken out or put in the hole, and when they left it all looked exactly the same as before.

Sent the account and pics of the workmen to Martin Horwood, our MP. Got a reply from his office from one David Fidgeon, asking if I could tell where the trucks came from. I enlarged the photos and one had "Highway Maintenance" on the back.

I got a reply immediately which made me laugh: - (I had apologised for "Love Wendy" which had got attached to my mail from where I sent it to friends.)


Who would be so churlish as to complain about being offered a bit of love!



We will contact Gloucestershire Highways and see what they say.



David Fidgeon





So I replied that a bit of love was always welcome and wished him a Merry Christmas!



See you on Monday.



Love Wendy.'









W.








No comments:

Post a Comment