Friday 7 April 2017

Poet's Block (Resolved)

Poet Unblocked

 

There came a day when I was SO

A Poet

That I felt in incumbent on me

To Be Word Perfect.

 

This led to .. Problems.

 

Honest but ordinary joys like

Smelling the flowers

Listening out for church bells

Holding the babies -

Those kind of things, were,

Well, just too mundane.

 

For A Poet Like Me!

 

I felt sure, given a moment

I could outdo Tennyson and give

Betjeman a run for his money

 

Wax lyrical on grand occasions

Make a mark in literary circles and even - You know -

 

Be Published.

 

Bugger it.

 

I LIKE what I

Used to write before I was

A Poet.

 

It wasn't capital letter great, but it was me.

 

Flighty, Flirty a Little Bit Dirty ...

 

Full of Spring and things that

Sprung to mind. Like say

 

God and stuff.

 

So, now my fingers are flying across the keyboard again

 

The church bells are ringing in my head, The babies are asleep in my memory and the flowers are once more stimulating my olfactory nerve. We're off!

 

 

:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment