Tuesday 9 January 2018

Happy New Year!

 Yes, I know it’s the ninth, but it takes me a while to get used to it. 

I am thinking about 2017, wondering that seventeen years have passed since the last time I actually stayed up till midnight.

Well, it was a good year. Yes. Good. 

I listened to a Dharma talk today, remembering Jack Kornfield recounting the occasion he was called by Cosmopolitan and asked if he had any tips on how to help their readers keep their resolutions. The disciple of impermanence laughingly replied, “We Buddhists aren’t into hanging on to things!”

Today’s talk was a valedictory to a remarkable woman named Frances Vaughn who gave, posthumously, today’s lesson:

Show Up
Pay Attention 
Don’t be attached to results
Have fun 

Happy New Year! 

Oh! As for my New Year’s Resolitions, I have kept the same one for four years: Not to make any. 

No comments:

Post a Comment